Project Manager Assistant Stars4Media
Apply before 22 Nov 2021
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research centre of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. It is located on the VUB Brussels Humanities, Sciences & Engineering Campus and is part of the Department of Media and Communication Studies. SMIT is also embedded as a core group in imec, Flanders world-leading R&D and innovation hub in nano-electronics and digital technologies.
For 30 years, SMIT specialises in socio-economic and policy research on ICT innovation in Media, Cities, and Healthcare. Our team consists of over 90 senior and junior researchers with a wide variety of disciplinary backgrounds and nationalities.
In the framework of the Second Edition of the Pilot Project Stars4Media, a position is currently open for a full-time job as Project Manager Assistant, within the 4-person strong Stars4Media core team.
Stars4Media is a project supporting media innovation through collaborative exchanges between media organizations from different European countries. The project currently supports 30 innovative initiatives, involving 185 media professionals from all around the European Union. These initiatives have been selected through a call for initiatives for which 101 proposals were submitted and evaluated by an independent jury.
Work tasks will include:
- Collection and systematization of administrative documents for finalizing the implementation phase of the selected initiatives
- Coordination of the Stars4Media experts, by facilitating coaching sessions between experts and selected initiatives throughout the implementation phase
- Communication with candidates about ongoing and future processes and administrative steps
- Contribution to the Stars4Media communication plan, through social media and the Stars4Media website
- Contribution to Initiatives’ evaluation and project’s evaluation, including official narrative and technical reporting to the European Commission
- Contribution to the organization of Stars4Media events and meetings
- Contribution to the dissemination of Stars4Media Second Edition results, through communication campaigns, drafting of a handbook, attendance and promotion of the projects at external conferences and events
- A stimulating, fun, and international work environment with enterprising young researchers and experienced research staff to help you grow.
- The chance to work on an innovative project that combines theory and practice and allows you to connect with a large circle of media professionals from all over Europe.
- Support and guidance by experienced supervisors/ senior researchers.
- An attractive remuneration package.
- We start with a full-time contract of definite term until 30/6/2022, which can be *extended upon renewal of the project.
- Master’s degree in Communication Sciences, Political Sciences, EU Studies or similar with excellent academic results.
- Strong interest in the EU media sector’s dynamics and media transformation/innovation.
- Good time management and planning skills as well as precision in execution of tasks.
- Excellent command of Office suite as well as Google docs and sheets.
- Experience with social media management (Twitter and LinkedIn) and CMS (WordPress)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and experience with copywriting (blog posts, press releases, social media messages)
- Flexible attitude in working on a multitude of projects in a varying environment
- Experience with graphic web design and video making tools is a plus
- Relevant working experience as project manager of EU projects is a plus
- French or Dutch is a plus.
Please send your CV and motivation letter as soon as possible and before November 22th to email@example.com.