Apply before 15 Dec 2022
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research centre of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and is at the same time embedded in imec, Europe’s leading research centre for nanotechnology and digital innovation. For over 30 years, SMIT has specialised in socio-economic research in digital innovations in Media, Smart Cities, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Digital Health. Currently over 120 researchers work on more than 80 different research projects. Given our constant growth we are now looking for a new colleague who can take on the daily management of our offices and administration.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- With your positive, communicative and service-minded attitude, you take a central role in the daily operations of our research centre.
- You will be the first point of contact for visitors, suppliers and our own researchers and distribute support questions to the appropriate colleagues.
- You create a stimulating and vibrant working environment by coordinating the maintenance, furnishings, decoration and equipment of our central offices.
- You support researchers with the booking and planning of their foreign travel.
- You manage the booking of our meeting rooms, make sure they are ready and equipped and you coordinate catering.
- You support our researchers in the organisation of large-scale conferences and events.
- You will use your knowledge of Sharepoint en OneDrive to structure and update our project databases.
- Depending on your experience and interests you will also be responsible for additional tasks related to HR, Finances, ICT or Communication.
- Full-time (80% negotiable) contract of indefinite term with attractive remuneration.
- A very dynamic and flexible working environment with a young, international team.
- You will be embedded in a small and supportive administrative team.
- You will get plenty chances to further learn and develop your skills.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You think, act and communicate on bachelor level
- You have a dynamic, spontaneous, empathic and communicative personality
- You combine responsibility with an important dose of own initiative
- You are well-organised, stress resistant and you have a good eye for detail
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of Dutch or French is an asset.
- You are well-versed in all common Office365 applications, have experience in a Sharepoint environment and you are comfortable navigating various ICT platforms.
Interested? Send your CV and motivation letter before 15/12/2022 to Wim Cloots on firstname.lastname@example.org.