Financial Project Coordinator
Apply before 30 Sep 2020
WHO ARE WE
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research center at the faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel and also a core research group of imec, Europe’s leading research institute on nano-technology and digital innovation. For over 25 years, SMIT excels in socio-economic and policy research on ICT innovations in Media, Smart Cities, AI and Digital Health.
SMIT is currently managing over 70 research projects and given the constant growth we are now looking for an additional colleague to integrate in our small, dynamic project management team, supporting more than 90 researchers in their daily work.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- You will be working on financial project management including project registration and contracting, managing data in platforms as SAP and CRM, planning and time registration of researchers, project progress reporting, budget and HR planning.
- Depending on previous experiences and qualifications you can also be involved in the further development and fine-tuning of our internal accountancy systems.
- You will work in close cooperation with the HR, legal and financial teams of both imec and Vrije Universiteit Brussel, consolidating financial and contractual data from both sides.
- With your open, communicative and service-minded attitude you will function as a central point of contact and information for all SMIT researchers.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Full-time contract of indefinite term. Attractive remuneration and benefits package.
- Very dynamic, open and flexible working environment in an international setting.
- Opportunities for learning and self-development
Interested? Please send your full CV and motivation letter asap to Wim Cloots at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO DO WE LOOK FOR
- Business Administration degree or equivalent by experience.
- A couple of years of working experience with financial project management (preferably in SAP) is required.
- Experience with financial management of research projects and/ or EU funding is a strong asset.
- Strong eye for detail with an affinity for numbers
- Dynamic and pro-active personality with a positive and solution-oriented attitude
- Service-minded, communicative and culturally sensitive
- Fluent in both Dutch and English