Financial Project Coordinator
Apply before 30 Sep 2019
WHO ARE WE
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research center at the faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. SMIT is also a core research group of imec, Europe’s leading research institute on nano-technology and digital innovation. Since more than 25 years, SMIT specializes in socio-economic and policy research on ICT innovation in Media, Smart Cities, and Healthcare.
SMIT is currently managing over 65 research projects and given the increase in volume we are now looking for an additional colleague to integrate in our small, dynamic administration team, supporting over 75 researchers in their daily work.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- You will be working on financial project management including project registration and contracting, managing data in platforms as SAP and CRM, planning and time registration of researchers, project progress reporting, budget and HR planning.
- Depending on previous experiences and qualifications you can also be involved in the further development and fine-tuning of our internal accountancy systems.
- You will work in close cooperation with the HR, legal and financial teams of both imec and Vrije Universiteit Brussel, consolidating financial and contractual data from both sides.
- With your open, communicative and service-minded attitude you will function as a central point of contact and information for all SMIT researchers.
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Full-time contract of indefinite term. Attractive remuneration and benefits package.
- Very dynamic, open and flexible working environment with young people in an international setting.
- Opportunities for learning and self-development
WHO DO WE LOOK FOR
- Accountancy or Business Administration degree or equivalent by experience.
- A couple of years of working experience with a successful exposure to financial project management in an SAP environment is required.
- Strong eye for detail with an affinity for numbers
- Dynamic and pro-active personality with a positive and solution-oriented attitude
- Service-minded, communicative and culturally sensitive
- Fluent in Dutch and English, basic knowledge of French
Please send you full CV and motivation letter to Wim Cloots at email@example.com before 30 September 2019