Business Model Researcher – Digital Health
Apply before 15 Sep 2021
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research centre of the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. SMIT is also a core research group of imec, Europe’s leading research institute on nanotechnology and digital innovation.
For more than 25 years, imec-SMIT specializes in economic, living lab and policy research on ICT innovation in Media, Smart Cities, and Healthcare. Our team consists of around 90 senior and junior researchers with a wide variety in backgrounds and nationalities.
Digital Health is the convergence of the digital and genomic revolution. Digital Health empowers people to better track, manage, and improve their own and their family’s health, and live better more productive lives. Digital health applications have the potential to reduce inefficiencies in healthcare delivery, improve access, reduce costs, increase quality, and make medicine more personalized and precise. IMEC-SMIT’s Health and Work Living Lab Unit research focuses on three pillars: (i) Prevention and Self-Monitoring, (ii) Human Robotic Interaction and (iii) Big data and people-centred algorithms. To strengthen the unit, imec-SMIT is looking for a Researcher with a strong background in economics, business and health.
Research tasks will include:
- Work on national and EU research projects related to emerging digital technologies in healthcare.
- Evaluate European healthcare systems and explore opportunities/barriers for novel digital health solutions.
- Explore new ways of assessing the impact and added value of digital health innovations.
- Co-organise implementation trial in Belgium (Flanders), Ireland, Italy, Sweden to study transferability, sustainability and scalability in the EU H2020 SEURO project
- Ignite interdisciplinary research between different players in the healthcare ecosystem.
- Researching, developing and disseminating business model methodologies, outlining and validating business model configurations.
- Publish research results in academic journals and conferences.
- Working on a PhD-trajectory is not required but definitely a possibility.
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment with enterprising young scientists and experienced senior researchers in an international setting.
- Flexible working conditions with opportunity for personal initiative.
- High-quality innovation research on future-oriented services
- Attractive remuneration package
- A full-time, renewable contract for 1 year and long-term career perspectives.
- Master’s degree in (Applied) Economics, Health Economics, (Healthcare) Management, Business Engineering or similar with excellent academic results.
- Initial knowledge regarding Business Modeling theories and their application.
- Proficiency in qualitative & quantitative research methods or prepared to acquire these skills fast.
- Strong interest in and affinity with digital emerging technologies.
- Strong interest and domain expertise in (digital) healthcare.
- Good time management and planning skills
- Flexible attitude in working on a multitude of projects in a varying environment
- Academic writing skills and fluency in English. Dutch is a strong plus.