Unveiling new trends and developments in European Media Markets: SMIT’s latest Student White Paper Series 2022-2023
Are you looking for fresh insights into the latest trends and developments in European Media Markets? Look no further than the SMIT‘s Student White Paper Series 2022-2023, which features a number of insightful Papers written by students on a variety of topics!
SMIT launched in 2021 for the first time the Student White Paper Series on European Media Markets to showcase student-led research. The last release is available here.
The 2023 release provides again valuable insights on some of the most pressing issues European Media Markets face today, including the impact COVID-19, TikTok, new business models, SVoD, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and technological developments, such as Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain.
Each paper is written by our graduate students of the European Media Market course of the international Master Programme in Communication Studies at the VUB. The papers are based on thorough research and analysis, making this series a resource for anyone interested in staying up-to-date on the latest developments in European Media Markets from students and academics to practitioners.
Get ready to explore the future with our student researchers via our 10 White Papers:
- The European Advertising Market: Diversity in advertising, by Viviana Díaz Frias, Justine Versluys & Xiaoqi Yan
- The European Books Market: Challenges and opportunities after COVID-19, by Paula Budge Liceti, Marlene Simonini & Jewel Islam Hedayetul
- The European Digital News Market: Confronting emerging innovations & new practices, by Michael Thelen
- The European Music Market: Is Tiktok changing the way we consume music?, by Lyka Cabatay, Oreoluwa Aremo & Zainab Imraan
- The European Social Media Market: #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt, by Liam Barrett
- The European Newspapers Market: Disruptors as opportunities in disguise, by Lea K. Mindermann & Anas Al-Ezzi
- The European Smart Speaker Market: Challenges, future, and its influence on media consumption, by Ana Gagua, Ali Ali, Guilherme Cunha Da Silva & Rodessa May Marquez
- The European Video Games Market: A growing mobile and community driven ecosystem, by Sherriff Tahiru, Stephen Okumor, Lasse Aegidius Qvist, Jakub Kapusta & Jiri Venecek
- The European Television Market: The impact of SVOD platforms on linear TV, by Shafagh Zarghami, Sham Loai Saeed Elmughrabi, Ioana-Denisa Gaboreanu & Xiangzhong Tang
- The European Podcast Market: A Case Study of Germany, by Charlotte Mina Puzicha, Peter Moussa, Anastasia Hamurari, Elizabeth Jean Miezejeski & Romessa Nadeem
For more information, contact the Student White Paper Series on European Media Markets editor: Prof. Dr. Marlen Komorowski (firstname.lastname@example.org)