What is happening in the European Media Markets in 2021? SMIT’s Student White Paper Series is now available online
SMIT launched this year for the first time the Student White Paper Series on European Media Markets to showcase student-led research. The research was conducted by our graduate students of the European Media Market course of the international Master Programme in Communication Studies at the VUB.
The Student White Paper Series 2021 consists of seven White Papers presenting insights about the film, music, advertising, press, TV, video games and books markets in Europe. The students gathered the latest insights and data about the media markets and discuss current changes and future developments.
- The European Film Market: Distribution challenges of European film, by Anastasiia Zaitseva & Rashmi Kshetri
- The European Music Market: Is Spotify still the Disruptor that it claims to be?, by Carla Allenbach, Myrto Delkou, Livio Loonbeek & Sam Mombaerts
- The European Advertising Market: The disruption of the Programmatic Advertising market, by Chandni Ganesh, Dounya Lahmami & Kara Kübra
- The European Press Market: News Aggregators – A double-edged sword at play, by Katherina Mollerup Petersen, Ekaterina Oleinikova & Gwenaëlle Poulet
- The European TV Market: Rivalry for eyeballs – Pay-TV vs. SVOD, by Oona-Roosa Natalia Lumme, Jessica Backes, Veronika Hurina & Dina Oliinyk
- The European Video Games Market: Game on Europe – Seizing the future, by Indroneil Sarkar & Alexandros Baltsavias
- The European Book Market: Fight for a slice of the data pie, by Jacques Von Lünen
The aim of the Student White Paper Series is to start new discussions about the future of Media Markets in Europe and give valuable insights to not only other students, but also to academics and practitioners in the media industry in Europe.
For more information, contact the Student White Paper Series on European Media Markets editor: Prof. Dr. Marlen Komorowski (email@example.com)