Study on the Digital Inclusion in the City of Brussels
Study to support a structured plan of action for Digital Inclusion for Brussels
The City of Brussels wants to strengthen and expand existing digital inclusion efforts by developing a structured action plan based on a diagnosis of the situation on its territory. With the aim to support the City of Brussels with this objective, SMIT was awarded a research study with as main objectives:
- Understand the extent of digital inequalities in the City of Brussels, its different facets, causes and consequences;
- Identifying ways for the City of Brussels to combat digital inequalities;
- Developing a concrete action plan with guidelines for 2030.
In order to carry out the study, SMIT will take a user-centred, mixed-methods approach consisting of literature research, policy-analysis, stakeholder interviews, and field research. The study outcomes will be:
- An analysis of the current state-of-the-art on digital inclusion in Brussels;
- A set of recommendations to improve digital inclusion in the territory of the City of Brussels.