Methodological Summer School
In September a methodological Summer School will take place on our VUB Main Campus. If you, as a researcher, feel like diving into the world of implicit measures, you are more than welcome to participate in the training!
This methodological Summer School results from the fruitful collaboration between the VUB Doctoral School of Human Sciences, the Hasselt University Doctoral School and the Ghent University Doctoral School. On the 15th and the 22nd of September, you have the opportunity boost your skills as a researcher and gain insight into the use of implicit measures in social sciences.
Prof. Dr. Adriaan Spruyt (Ghent University) and Prof. Dr. Hendrik Slabbinck will guide you through this hands-on training, using CognitionGate software. Through practical examples and data applications, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the selected techniques and steps involved in the usage of implicit measures for research.
The Summer School is an inter-university collaboration between the VUB Doctoral School of Human Sciences, the Hasselt University Doctoral School and the Ghent University Doctoral School. The respective organizers are Prof. Dr. Kim Willems (firstname.lastname@example.org), Prof. Dr. Lieve Doucé (email@example.com) and Prof. Dr. Adriaan Spruyt (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Date15 Sep 2023 — 22 Sep 2023
VUB Main Campus (Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Elsene).
- Both training days consist of a theoretical/demonstrative part and a practical part, and includes the following topics:
- Day 1 – Theoretical/Demonstrative: Definition of implicit measures Application and use of implicit measures Specific tasks and criteria to choose implicit measures
- Day 1 – Practical: Pro’s and contra’s of the existing software Text in CognitionGate
- Day 2 – Theoretical/Demonstrative: Demonstration of the research goals, dataset and cleaning Demonstration of analysis Demonstration of interpretation
- Day 2 – Practical: Analysis of your own dataset Discussing research ideas one on one with the experts
- No downloads available for this event.