Training 8: Economics of Journalism (22/04 – 24/04)
This training focuses on the on-going developments in journalism and their impact on the viability of journalism, both as an economic commodity and as a fundamental cornerstone of a strong democracy. Building on the latest insights in journalism studies, media economics and innovation theory, attention is given to technological (new devices and cross-media formats), industrial (new players & disruptors) and social disruptions (changing consumption habits, how they specifically challenge the business of journalism and how to be best prepared to face these challenges.
Training 8: Economics of journalism
For those that are following the full programme training 8 is elective.
If you want to register for this training only, you have the option between a 1, 2 or 3 day programme.
- Acquire a strategic and analytical perspective on shifting revenue streams for news content and journalistic production.
- Acquire in-depth understanding of the changing news consumption patterns and how this impacts the business of journalism.
- Provide best practices in addressing the economic and democratic challenges news media are confronted with, presented by leading experts in the field.
- Acquire actionable insights to prepare journalists, newsrooms and news organisations for future disruptions, and how to tackle them.
Cases and topics:
- Business models for news
- Changing news ecosystem
- Diversification of revenue streams
- Intrapreneurial units
- Cross media newsrooms
- Journalism innovation
- Technological disruptions
- Changing news consumption patterns
- Journalism & democracy
- To be confirmed
- To be confirmed
Date22 Apr 2020 — 24 Apr 2020
09:30 - 17:30
Close to public transport (Station Etterbeek)
Car parking available
- No program found.
Warning: Use of undefined constant event_status - assumed 'event_status' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/ferremek/public_html/production/smit.vub.ac.be/wp-content/themes/smit/single-event.php on line 120
Register for event