The Media Economics Programme by SMIT
Get quality Training courses to capture new opportunities in the media industry
SMIT offers media professionals the possibility to get an update in the most recent trends affecting media economics. Media professionals can choose one or more Training courses of the Media Economics programme to update their skills in their respective media sector. Each course gives media professionals and media organizations the possibility to get ready to implement new technology, develop new processes and acquire new markets.
Pick the right courses for you
SMIT organizes a range of Training courses that you can pick from. We offer the following courses (click on the links to find out more about the dates, speakers and content).
- Course 1: Foundations and transformations of media economics
- Course 2: Media economics and policy in a digital age
- Course 3: Intellectual property rights and remuneration
- Course 4: Technology, innovation and data
- Course 5: Audio-visual production
- Course 6: Commercial communication and advertising in a digital age
- Course 7: Economics of journalism
- Course 8: Mergers and acquisitions
Network in the heart of Europe
Lecturers come to Brussels from all over Europe. The Training courses in Media Economics give you the possiblity to network with industry and academic experts from your respective media sector.
Speakers and lecturers from the media industry
- angel.me ventures
- Cresco Business Law Firm
- Discovery Communications Europe
- Endemol Shine
- EU affairs consultancy for Digital Industries and Content Media
- Europe Analytica Limited
- European Coordination of Independent TV Producers
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)
- European Publishers Council
- Het Nieuwsblad/De Gentenaar
- HOYNG ROKH MONEGIER
- IHS Markit
- International Publishers Association
- Internet of Me
- Jaeger Creative
- master the gap
- Nokia Bell Labs
- Open Markets Institute
- Reuters Institute for Journalism
- … and many more
Contact and links
Do you have questions or remarks? Please contact us via email at PGMediaEconomics@vub.be.
More information can be found via:
- The Programme 2018 – 2019 in Media Economics
- The VUB website for information on the full Postgraduate in Media Economics programme
Official registration is now open!
Click the “Register” button below to register.
The Postgraduate in Media Economics at VUB
Do you want to participate in the complete study programme that includes multiple trainings and accreditation?
If you are interested in following at least 5 trainings in the Media Economics programme, you can also participate in the full Postgraduate programme. The Postgraduate in Media Economics is an accredited study programme at the VUB.
Date1 Sep 2018 — 30 Jun 2019
Three days per training
VUB Campus, SMIT offices, Pleinlaan 9, 1050 BrusselsOpen in Google Maps
Starts Sept 26 2018, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 1: Foundations and transformations of media economics
Starts 24 Oct 2018, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 2: Media economics and policy in a digital age
Starts 21 Nov 2018, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 3: Intellectual property rights and remuneration
Starts 19 Dec 2018, 2019, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 4: Technology, innovation and data
Starts 13 Feb 2019, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 5: Audio-visual production
Starts 13 Mar 2019, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 6: Commercial communication and advertising in a digital age
Starts 24 Apr 2019, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 7: Economics of journalism
Starts 22 May 2019, three days, 09:30 to 18:30Course 8: Mergers and acquisitions
Register for event
2 days of lectures: 500 EUR
1 lecture: 200 EUR