Course in Media Economics: Technology, innovation and data
This course is part of the Media Economics Programme, a new programme at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel that is organized by SMIT. The programme combines facts and figures of state of the art scientific research with interesting and sometimes conflicting insights from industry experts. The Media Economics Programme aims to equip media professionals and postgraduate students with the tools to overcome the challenges and take advantage of the opportunities of the digitalization, in the various sectors of the media industry in Europe (and beyond).
Technology, innovation and data (course 4)
Course 4 sheds light on the interplay between recent and upcoming technological evolutions and their (possible) influence on the media industry. As the media industry takes time to catch up with technological innovations, more profound insights on phenomena like big data, internet-of-things, virtual reality and blockchain and their underlying technological building blocks are necessary.
- Acquire knowledge on recent and upcoming technological evolutions that might impact the media industry.
- Acquire knowledge on phenomena like big data, internet-of-things, virtual reality and blockchain and their underlying technological building blocks.
- Provide insights and best practices on how to adopt innovation as a mindset in day-to-day operations.
- Provide insights and best practices on how to capture the value of data and steer algorithms.
Cases and Topics
- Technological evolutions / disruptions
- Big data
- Over-the-top media services
- Personal data
- Virtual reality
Date19 Dec 2018 — 21 Dec 2018
9:30 to 18:30
SMIT, Pleinlaan 9, 1050 Brussels - 1st floor, Weber RoomOpen in Google Maps
- Coming soon
Register for event