Course in Media Economics: Commercial communication and advertising in a digital age
This course is part of the Media Economics Programme, a new programme at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel that is organized by SMIT. The programme combines facts and figures of state of the art scientific research with interesting and sometimes conflicting insights from industry experts.
You can participate in the course through:
- the full Postgraduate programme organized by the VUB or
- the Training programme in Media Economics via SMIT.
Commercial communication and advertising in a digital age (course 6)
Course 6 sheds light on the new developments and trends in commercial communication and advertising in the digital era. Participants will get acquainted with new formats, will get insight in the different workflows and will also develop an understanding of user perspectives on advertising in the digital age, business related aspects and privacy issues.
Course 6 is an elective course for participants of the full Postgraduate programme.
- Acquire knowledge on current trends in commercial communication and advertising and the advertising process.
- Understand the different challenges linked to these trends, including privacy aspects.
- Critical evaluation of new advertising formats and buying and selling tools.
Cases and Topics
- Personalized advertising
- Cross-media audience measurement
- Programmatic ad buying and selling
- Big data analytics
- Workplan for personalized media campaigns
- Prof. Dr. Wendy Van den Broeck – Senior Researcher, imec-SMIT-VUB
- Dr. Daniel Knapp – Executive Director TMT, IHS Markit
- Iris Jennes – Researcher, imec-SMIT-VUB
- Kimon Zorbas, Senior Vice President Government Relation & Public Policy, Nielsen
- Jeroen Coeymans – Director Business Intelligence, SBS Belgium
- Dr. Ionel Naftanaila – Programme Development Director, EDAA
Date13 Mar 2019 — 15 Mar 2019
9:30 to 18:30
SMIT, Pleinlaan 9, 1050 Brussels - 1st floor, Mead RoomOpen in Google Maps
Mar 13 2019, 09:00-09:30Registration
Mar 13 2019, 09:30-17:30Academic Lectures
Mar 14 2019, 09:30-17:30Industry Lectures
Mar 15 2019, 09:30-17:30Exercises
- No downloads available for this event.