Course in Media Economics: Commercial communication and advertising in a digital age
This course is part of the Media Economics Programme, a new programme at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel that is organized by SMIT. The programme combines facts and figures of state of the art scientific research with interesting and sometimes conflicting insights from industry experts. The Media Economics Programme aims to equip media professionals and postgraduate students with the tools to overcome the challenges and take advantage of the opportunities of the digitalization, in the various sectors of the media industry in Europe (and beyond).
Commercial communication and advertising in a digital age (course 6)
Course 6 sheds light on the new developments and trends in commercial communication and advertising in the digital era. Participants will get acquainted with new formats, will get insight in the different workflows and will also develop an understanding of user perspectives on advertising in the digital age, business related aspects and privacy issues.
- Acquire knowledge on current trends in commercial communication and advertising and the advertising process.
- Understand the different challenges linked to these trends, including privacy aspects.
- Critical evaluation of new advertising formats and buying and selling tools.
Cases and Topics
- Personalized advertising
- Cross-media audience measurement
- Programmatic ad buying and selling
- Big data analytics
- Workplan for personalized media campaigns
Date13 Mar 2019 — 15 Mar 2019
9:30 to 18:30
SMIT, Pleinlaan 9, 1050 Brussels - 1st floor, Mead RoomOpen in Google Maps
- Coming soon
Register for event