Course in Media Economics: Audio-visual production
This course is part of the Media Economics Programme, a new programme at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel that is organized by SMIT. The programme combines facts and figures of state of the art scientific research with interesting and sometimes conflicting insights from industry experts.
You can participate in the course through:
- the full Postgraduate programme organized by the VUB or
- the Training programme in Media Economics via SMIT.
Audio-visual production (course 5)
Course 5 focuses on the interplay between media economics and audio-visual production. It combines insights from recent work within production studies, policy studies and media economics, with a specific emphasis on financing of audio-visual production on the one hand, and creating the best environment and contextual circumstances for successful audio-visual productions on the other. It sheds light on recent trends in European and worldwide drama production.
Course 5 is an elective course for participants of the full Postgraduate programme.
- Acquire knowledge of trends and shifting financing and revenue models for TV drama, film and documentary production and format trade.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of contextual and structural thresholds in European audio-visual markets.
- Acquire detailed knowledge of government support schemes and their importance for audio-visual production.
Cases and Topics
- Audio-visual production and financing
- European audio-visual markets
- Audio-visual production management
- Film / Documentary / TV production
- Financial / strategic planning
- Government production schemes
- Broadcasting strategies
- Organizational development
- Prof. Dr. Tim Raats – Senior Researcher, imec-SMIT-VUB
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Esser – Professor of Media & Globalization, University of Roehampton, London
- Prof. Dr. Pia Majbritt Jensen – Associate Professor, Aarhus University
- Elena Lai – Head of Office, Europe Analytica and Secretary General, CEPI
- Peter Jaeger – Jaeger Creative
- Helen Perquy – Independent–Executive-Producer
- Doug Wood – Group Director Research & Insight, Endemol Shine
- Ellen Onkelinx – master the gap
Date13 Feb 2019 — 15 Feb 2019
9:30 to 18:30
SMIT, Pleinlaan 9, 1050 Brussels - 1st floor, Mead RoomOpen in Google Maps
Feb 13 2019, 09:00-09:30Registration
Feb 13 2019, 09:30-17:30Academic Lectures
Feb 14 2019, 09:30-17:30Industry Lectures
Feb 15 2019, 09:30-17:30Exercises
- No downloads available for this event.