CALL FOR PAPERS: International workshop - Quality, diversity and innovation: their role in the economic functioning of the media industries
The upcoming international workshop will focus on the importance of quality, diversity and innovation in the economic functioning of the media industries. It will offer a platform for academics and researchers to present and discuss state-of-the-art research on the economics of media quality, diversity and innovation:
- How to define these concepts in relation to media?
- Is it possible to assess subjective notions such as creativity, originality, variety or quality?
- What is the impact of quality and diversity of content on consumption?
- To what extent do media markets provide diversity?
- What are the specificities of media innovation?
Proposals from media scholars (economists, management scholars, communication scholars, sociologist, law scholar, etc.) to study diversity, innovation or quality’s role in the economy of media industries may be submitted. Theoretical as well as empirical papers are welcome. Selected papers will be considered for a publication in a book of proceedings.
Date and Place
Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 in Brussels on the occasion of the Creative Media Days
Deadline for abstract submission: 18th of July 2012
Notification of acceptance: 31st of July 2012
Deadline for final paper submission: 10th of September 2012
Dr. Heritiana Ranaivoson (iMinds-SMIT, VUB), firstname.lastname@example.org
More information/ full call