Colleagues of ICRI celebrate 20th Anniversary
ICRI celebrates its 20th anniversary with an international conference on “Trust in the information society. In search of Trust Generating Mechanisms for the Network Society”.
The goal of the conference is to advance the reflection and debate about “Trust in the Information Society”. What strategies and techniques have been, or could be, used to foster trust in the media, communication and information technology sectors? What particular role can law and regulation play in enhancing trust, and vice versa, what role does the concept of trust play for future regulation and policies? What are the major challenges for trust in different areas of our e-society and which “trust generating mechanisms” could overcome those challenges?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Viktor Mayer Schoenberger (Oxford Internet Institute)
- Rob Frieden (Penn State University)
- Patrick Ryan (University of Colorado at Boulder; Policy Counsel Open Internet at Google)
- Tom Smedinghoff
- Jeannette Hofmann (LSE)
- Bernt Hugenholtz (University of Amsterdam)
- Frank Robben (Crossroads Bank for Social Security & K.U. Leuven)
- Caroline Pauwels (Free University of Brussels)
This conference will take place on 14-15 November, 2011 in Leuven (Belgium) and is followed by a reception.
- Venue: Faculty of Law, K.U.Leuven, Tiensestraat 41, 3000 Leuven (Belgium)
- Full programme
- Registration: You can register online by filling out this form.
- With further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information