Vacancy - Business Model Researcher
Business Model Researcher
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research center of the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. SMIT is also a core research group of imec, Europe’s leading research institute on nano-technology and digital innovation.
For more than 25 years, imec-SMIT specializes in economic, living lab and
policy research on ICT innovation in Media, Smart Cities, and Healthcare. Our
team consists of around 65 senior and junior researchers with a wide variety
in backgrounds and nationalities.
The imec-SMIT business modeling cluster is involved in researching and developing business model methodologies and concepts for innovative technologies, services and infrastructures in ICT. Applying these, we analyze market structures, value networks and go-to-market strategies, having specific attention for the potentially disruptive dynamics caused by digital technologies. Working within national and international projects or for individual clients, our goal is to understand how a product or service can be brought to the market in a viable and sustainable way, and how it changes the relationships between the stakeholders involved. Where possible, we combine qualitative, strategic analysis with quantitative forecasting.
Research task will include
- Researching, developing and disseminating business model methodologies;
- Market (desk) research and literature studies, outlining and validating business model configurations;
- Working on national and international research projects related to emerging digital technologies in Healthcare, Telecoms, Media, Mobility and Smart Cities;
- Studying and applying business model concepts in the context of SME innovation projects;
- Coach digital startups on their business model and go-to-market strategy;
- Publish research results in academic journals and conferences;
- Working on a PhD-trajectory is not required but definitely a possibility.
- Master’s degree in (Applied) Economics, Management, Business Engineering or similar with excellent academic results;
- First experience with Business Modeling theory and practice;
- Proficiency in qualitative & quantitative research methods or prepared to acquire these skills fast;
- Strong interest in and affinity with digital emerging technologies;
- Interest and expertise in (digital) healthcare, telecommunications, mobility and/or media is a plus;
- Feeling comfortable in working with start-ups, SMEs, innovators and CxOs
- Good time management and planning skills
- Flexible attitude in working on a multitude of projects in a varying environment
- Academic writing skills and fluency in English. Dutch is a strong plus.
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment with enterprising young scientists and experienced senior researchers in an international setting.
- Flexible working conditions with opportunity for personal initiative.
- High-quality innovation research on future oriented services
- Attractive remuneration package
- A full time, renewable contract for 1 year and long term career perspectives.
Please send your CV and motivation letter as soon as possible to Wim Cloots on firstname.lastname@example.org