Caroline Pauwels wins 2014 Francqui Chair at UGent
Caroline Pauwels is the winner of the 2014 Francqui Chair. She was elected by the faculty of Politieke en Sociale Wetenschappen of the University of Ghent.
On May 12th, she held her inaugural address at the Aula of the UGent, which was entitled 'To be or not to be? Een mediasector in crisis, een communicatiewetenschappelijke discipline op zoek naar relevantie'.
The lecture was followed by a debate led by Ides Debruyne, including:
- Thierry Geerts, Country Director Google Belgium
- Prof. Caroline Pauwels, Francqui-Leerstoel 2014 (VUB)
- Karl van den Broeck, Editor Apache.be
- Lut Vercruysse, Director Corporate Strategy VRT
- Gert Ysebaert, CEO Mediahuis