Researcher policy modelling for ICT innovation
SMIT (Studies on Media, Innovation and Technology) is a research centre of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. It forms part of the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences, department of Communication Sciences and is embedded in imec, Flanders’ leading strategic research institute on nano-technology and ICT innovation. Since more than 25 years, imec-SMIT specialises in socioeconomic and policy research on ICT innovation in Media, Cities, and Healthcare. Our team consists of around 60 senior and junior researchers with a wide variety in backgrounds and nationalities.
Description of research domain:
The imec-SMIT Policy and Markets group is involved in researching and developing methodologies and concepts related to innovative ICT services and platforms from a business and policy perspective. In the context of our projects on policy assessment and compliance-by-design in domains such as mobility, health and smart cities, we are looking for a full-time researcher (PhD is a possibility) who will undertake research on the evaluation of policy and regulatory requirements in these domains, and their translation into actionable datasets to be used by technologies such as self-driving cars, wearable health devices etc.
- Research on the relationship between policy/regulation and ICT innovation with a strong focus on data driven policy enforcement and evaluation
- Supporting workshops and consulting assignments
- Daily project management and reporting
- Writing project reports, presenting research in workshops and conferences, writing academic publications.
- Master in law, political science, sociology, communication sciences or similar. Alternatively, a Master in engineering or computer science with proven interest in non-technical aspects of ICT.
- Good knowledge or willingness to improve on knowledge of ICT, new media and innovative technologies
- Experience or interest in (ICT) policy and regulation is recommended
- Able to work independently, good self-management and planning skills
- Flexible attitude when working in a dynamic environment with a variety of professional interlocutors
- Analytical thinking and academic writing skills.
- You can show excellent academic results in your Bachelor and/ or Master studies
- Good knowledge of Dutch is a strong asset
- A dynamic and stimulating work environment with enterprising young scientists & experienced senior research staff in an international setting
- High-quality innovative research on future-oriented services
- Support and guidance by experienced senior researchers
- Possibility to pursue a PhD
- Attractive remuneration package with social benefits
- A one-year full time employment contract, renewable.
Please submit your email application including full CV and motivation letter to email@example.com before 28/02/2017.